posted by Tiffany

3 comments

I was moseying around tonight and found this talk from www.lds.org. Its called Television and Time by Elder F. Burton Howard of the First Quorum of the Seventy. It really hit home. I wouldn't say I spend a lot of time watching television - but I certainly waste plenty of time doing other things just as unimportant and unproductive. My biggest excuse for things left undone is always "There wasn't enough time!" Here is a part of what he said - I can't believe it was back in the 70s! Imagine if he could see us now....

     "Now, brothers and sisters, one of the great cries of modern man is we don’t have time to do the things we should do. We don’t do our genealogy because we don’t have time. We don’t love our neighbor because we don’t have time. And yet we spend more time watching television than any other single elective thing in this world. I don’t believe the excuse is going to hold any water with the Lord. I don’t believe that we can ever say we didn’t have time. I think all we’ll be able to say, rather lamely, is that our priorities were not the same as the Lord’s."
I'm setting a goal to prioritize more and set weekly goal of things I want to get done. Here are a few for the rest of the week.

For me:
1. Go on 4 walks
2.
Everyday make 10 minutes of quiet time for myself

For me the wife:
1. Make Matthew Eggs Benedict

For me the house keeper:
1. Vacuum both staircases
2. Wash the front of the refrigerator


For me the student:
1. Read Theories’ of Physical Science chapters 2-7 for class and get my home work done the night before (ugh...literally like 100 pages...)

While that may seems like a weak list, I would feel really happy at the end of the week if I knew those things had gotten done.

Have you read, "Don't be in a hurry" from this months Ensign? - also priceless. I need to frame it somewhere as a reminder. :)

3 comments

  1. Anonymous

Leave a Reply