mm... easy cheesy


posted by Tiffany

1 comment

A few people have asked about the cheese ball I've made... so I thought I'd post it in case you'd like it too! Super easy! 

Ranch Cheddar Cheese Ball - 
16 oz softened cream cheese 
1 package of ranch dressing mix
1 1/2 cup graded cheddar cheese 
2-3 cooked bacon strips cooled and crumbled
1/2 cup chopped almonds (or nut of choice - optional of course!)
 
Allow cream cheese to come to room temperature. Add cheese, bacon and ranch mix.  Mix well to  combine.Use your hands to roll the mixture into a ball - I usually put the mixture into the middle of a sheet of plastic wrap and use that to form my ball so my hands aren't in it. But it is a little more difficult. Put the chopped nuts in a bowl. Roll the cheese ball in the nuts. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.

This is reeeally strong tasting right after you make it. I always make it the night before I need it to let the flavors settle together a little more. If you are going to make it right before you serve it - i would use maybe half the ranch mix. - also this recipe makes a massive cheese ball - enough for two balls in my opinion. If I'm not making it for the entire office, I'll cut the recipe in half or at least make two balls and give one away.

1 comment

Leave a Reply