Ah! Mouse!


posted by Tiffany

3 comments


Aaaah! Matthew and I are officially real home owners - we have a mouse! The little rascal lives in an opening in the wall behind our oven. The home was build for a gas stove but we chose an electric so there is an open hole in the wall where the pipe comes out. I was looking in our pantry the other night when I saw something dart across the kitchen floor and looked over just in time to see him run out from under our stove. He sat there and looked at me for a second before scurrying back to his hiding place. Bah! I ran outside where my hottie honey was shoveling snow and made him pull out the pan drawer. (do those have an official name?) Sure enough he is chilling in the gas line hole. 
There is digging going on in the small field in front of our house to build some more homes, so somewhere in the back of my mind I expected to have a few of these little visitors, but I was still altra suprised to see him sitting there on our newly cleaned wood floor staring at me.
We have tried to lure him out for several nights now - we know he loves peanut butter. Somehow he manages to get it off the trap without setting it off - night after night. What a stinker. Tomorrow we're off to find a new kind of trap. :/ Sorry mousey but you've got to go!

3 comments

Leave a Reply