Breakfast


posted by Tiffany

No comments

What have we been up to lately? Two things: Homework and overtime.

Sigh.

Do you know what makes it all worth it? Good grades? No… Extra money? Nope. It’s breakfast.  I can handle anything these crazy weeks bring as long as I get to wake up on Saturday and Sunday mornings and make some scrumptious breakfast with Handsome Man.  Since I don't have much else to say - for the next few of days I thought I'd share our 4 favorites. They are all super simple but so delicious!


Strawberry Shortcake

Mmm... These come straight off the Bisquick box. While I’m not normally a bisquick fan they have perfected this mouth-watering pile of happiness. This is by far our favorite! I can almost guarantee that if you visit us between 10 am and 1 pm on a weekend morning we’ll make this for you!

4 cups sliced strawberries
½ cup sugar
2 1/3 cups original; Bisquick mix
2/3 cup milk
3 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
1 8oz container of frozen whipped topping, thawed.

Mix the strawberries and 1/2 cup sugar until juicey; set a side
Heat oven to 425
Stir bisquick mix, milk, 3 Tbsp sugar and the butter until soft dough forms. Drop by large heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Split the warm shortcakes, fill (stuff!) and top with strawberries and whipped topping!

(makes 6)

Leave a Reply